Medicare Advantage Plans in ColoradoMedicare Advantage, also known as Medicare Part C, is a type of Medicare Plan run by private insurance companies. A Medicare Advantage plan offers all of the benefits covered under Original Medicare and more. Medicare pays a fixed fee to the plan you choose in accordance with the 2003 Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act.
When enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan, benefits are provided according to the Evidence of Coverage for that particular plan. Providers (doctors, specialists, hospitals, etc.) bill the Medicare Advantage plan, and not Original Medicare. Many Medicare Advantage plans also include a Part D prescription drug plan.
Types of Medicare Advantage Plans in Colorado
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plans
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Plans
- Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS) Plans
- Special Needs Plans (SNP)
Who Can Enroll in Medicare Advantage Plan?To join a Medicare Advantage Plan, a person must have an enrollment period and meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B
- Live in the service area of the plan
- Not have End-Stage Renal Disease